Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Did Ya

DID YA
By Cody Kessinger
Rhyming Poem
I was sittin’ down by the beach
lookin’ at the sun as it set
so far out of my reach
but it was my best bet
I’m guessin’ I broke down that day
I’ll tell ya what I saw
I was gone so far anyway
I came back at my call

did ya ever wanna break down
and say exactly what you mean
did ya ever wann break down
and say all you have seen

I was sittin’ up on the peak
on the very top of the mount
justin’ kickin’ around my feet
lookin’ at the people on the ground
I was up there for so long
I was up there ‘til day turned night
thinkin’ hard enough to make me strong
thinkin’ til it was light

did ya ever wanna break down
just tell me what you know
did ya ever wanna break down
where are ya gonna go

standin’ on the cold ice
the very cold polar wind
listening to all the lies
that just came blowin’in
took me off my feet
threw me to the ground
took me off of my beat
now it’s time to break down

did ya ever wanna break down
but you don’t know what to see
did ya ever wanna break down
and take something in life for free

I was sittin’ in the meadow
starrin’ at the clouds
as far as silence goes
it can be so loud
I didn’t know what to do
my life is dismayed
trying to make it through
but I’ve been gettin’ delayed
 

No comments:

Post a Comment